This tutorial outlines a method for making a foam board cube with very neat edges:
Below are some notes from my own attempt:
– The material used was 5mm thick foam board.
– When cutting the 45 degree edges, it was better to use a spacing of 4.0mm rather than 5.0mm.
– It was better to leave a small gap between the edges of the squares when taping the cube together.
– The masking tape was too sticky and it nearly damaged the foam board. A different masking tape may solve this problem, but it might be better to avoid tape altogether.
– The PVA glue took too long to dry. I would probably stick with a hot glue gun.